Swapping Checks for Cardholders: GTECH integrates WaveCrest’s prepaid card solution to drive loyalty and improve the player experience
GTECH, the world’s largest lottery processor, wanted to provide lottery players with a more convenient and faster way to play and pay various lottery games.
Paying lottery winnings in cash or check is cumbersome and inconvenient for retailers, players and lottery programs. Retailers limit winnings to cash on hand in stores, and players are required to visit a lottery claim center to receive winnings above a certain threshold – in the form of a check .For many players, cashing checks is time consuming and costly.
GTECH selected WaveCrest to redefine the lottery space by deploying a revolutionary payment and loyalty solution. WaveCrest integrated its payments platform into GTECH’s lottery systems enabling the purchase of lottery tickets and payment of winnings via a lottery-branded prepaid card.
WaveCrest delivered a seamless integrated payments platform that allows lottery centers the ability to issue lottery-branded prepaid cards at point of sale or via mail if ordered online. Once a player becomes a cardholder, they can use the card to play online, purchase tickets in-store, and instantly and electronically claim and receive their lottery winnings. And, the card can be used wherever VISA is accepted as well as at ATMs.
Players can reload their prepaid card via a credit card, debit card or bank account. Monthly subscriptions to purchase a set amount of lottery tickets are available and can be auto-deducted from the prepaid card balance. GTECH’s integration of WaveCrest’s card solution greatly enhanced lottery player’s experience, resulting in increased satisfaction and brand loyalty among cardholders.
WaveCrest’s card solution provides lottery cardholders with a multitude of intuitive features including:
- Immediate lottery winning claims on to a prepaid card available at retail outlets connected to lottery terminals
- No loss of claim even if tickets are misplaced
- Prepaid card can be used for cash withdrawals at ATMs
- Prepaid card can be used for lottery purchases as can be use anywhere Visa is accepted
- Registering the prepaid card on a website offers players a personalized card and further online account management features
- If registered, the card can also be used for online and in-store purchases everywhere the card network is accepted globally
- Funds on the prepaid card can be loaded and unloaded via a credit card or debit card
- Monthly subscriptions for lottery ticket purchases can be auto-deducted from the prepaid card balance